Advanced Manufacturing Project Manager
Polaris MEP seeks to hire a Advanced Manufacturing Project Manager with automation and technology experience.
Polaris MEP, a division of URI Research Foundation and an affiliate of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network, guides Rhode Island manufacturers to sustainable growth, innovative technology strategies and cost-efficient operations.
Polaris MEP serves small to medium sized manufacturers by making connections and introductions to the appropriate resources and programs available to assist in their growth through a variety of programs and activities. In its role as the Statewide Rhode Island Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Center, Polaris MEP seeks to hire a Advanced Manufacturing Project Manager with automation and technology experience.
The Advanced Manufacturing Project Manager will connect with RI manufacturers to assist with the identification of use of robotics and other advanced manufacturing technologies to meet their productivity and supply chain needs by connecting them with public, university, and private resources.
- Engage with small and medium sized manufacturing companies (SMMs) in Rhode Island with a focus on implementation of advanced manufacturing technology particularly automation and additive manufacturing.
- Prospect, qualify, close and/or manage clients to generate revenues pursuant to the Center’s earnings goals.
- Participate in sales calls, perform client assessments, develop training roadmaps, and write proposed service agreements as part of client engagement process.
- Provide training virtually, in classroom and hands-on settings to client company ownership and staff.
- Follow up with clients and measure results and satisfaction of services delivered.
- Complete project impact statements, case studies, and customer follow-up, as necessary.
- Encourage the use of advanced manufacturing technology and educate our small – medium manufacturing companies.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, conduct outreach (webinars, one-on-one meetings, presentations) to promote awareness of current technology, resources, and R&D.
- Represent Polaris MEP at promotional events.
- Participate in the development of new training curriculum and service delivery options.
- Maintain awareness of the latest enhancements and developments in key advanced robotics technologies, processes, and enablers.
- Identify trends, industry drivers, and technology gaps across manufacturers in the northeast.
- Assist in MEP robotics and automation service development including ideation, research, feasibility, development, assessment, validation, deployment, and transition.
- Other duties as assigned to support the operation and success of Polaris MEP.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years across a broad range of automation or advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Strong understanding of product development, product and manufacturing engineering, advanced manufacturing, supply chain management, and procurement.
- Broad knowledge of business strategy, business development, marketing, solution selling either outside or internal organization business development.
- Project management skills including coordination, team development, scheduling, budgeting, and tracking results. Ability to be proactive in anticipating problems, solving problems, and developing contingencies.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, articulate and effectively pioneer programs with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven ability to build trust and maintain effective working relationships with internal employees, clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools and Salesforce recommended.
- Previous consulting experience strongly preferred.
Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Polaris MEP, a business unit of URI Research Foundation, recognizes that the field of manufacturing needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The URI Research Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations.
As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in manufacturing who will support the mission of both URI and the URI Research Foundation to expose manufacturing to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity and will enhance a sense of belonging and success.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Every employee is expected to carry out and support these policies.
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and the URI Research Foundation together have a clear vision: to be a community in which a diverse mix of talented people come together to make a lasting difference. Our success comes only through the dedication of our employees and thoughtful, creative collaboration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.