Project Manager – Manufacturing Experience
Job Posted: 9/30/2021
Polaris MEP is seeking a Project Manager with manufacturing experience to guide Rhode Island clients to sustainable growth, innovative technology strategies and cost-efficient operations.
Polaris MEP is a division of URI Research Foundation and an affiliate of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network.
Project Managers are core to the success of Polaris MEP programs and to the manufacturing community in Rhode Island. This position is responsible for identification, delivery and update of support and growth programs to these companies.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development. The candidate must possess sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution. The ideal candidate works effectively in a team-dependent environment but is self-reliant, results oriented, energetic, flexible, and proactive.
This position reports to the Center Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead client engagements from beginning to end.
- Prospect, qualify, close and/or manage clients to generate revenues pursuant to the Center’s earnings goals.
- Participate in sales calls, perform client assessments, develop training roadmaps, and write proposed service agreements as part of client engagement process.
- Provide training virtually, in classroom and hands-on settings to client company ownership and staff.
- Follow up with clients and measure results and satisfaction of services delivered.
- Complete project impact statements, case studies, and customer follow-up, as necessary.
- Establish long term relationships with client’s senior personnel through periodic engagement in strategic planning and continuous improvement projects, as well as providing updates on progress. This includes identifying root cause problems versus symptoms and differentiate between client’s needs and wants.
- Participate in the development of new training curriculum and service delivery options.
- Represent Polaris MEP at events.
- Other duties as assigned to support the operation and success of Polaris MEP.
- Four-year college degree in engineering or business, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of actual business, manufacturing, engineering, or operations management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations management with an understanding of the financial and operating issues of small businesses and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of Lean Enterprise concepts and demonstrated successful implementation is essential.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality systems and best practices is important, including the ability to understand blueprints and other technical documents.
- Knowledge of basic enterprise support functions including supply chain management, distribution, sales and marketing, employment law, safety, regulatory requirements, and quality.
- Project management skills including coordination, team development, scheduling, budgeting, and tracking results. Ability to be proactive in anticipating problems, solving problems, and developing contingencies.
- Proven ability to build trust and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools and Salesforce recommended.
- Previous consulting experience strongly preferred.
Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Polaris MEP, a department of URI Research Foundation, recognizes that the field of manufacturing needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The URI Research Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations.
As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in manufacturing who will support the mission of both URI and the URI Research Foundation to expose manufacturing to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity and will enhance a sense of belonging and success.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Every employee is expected to carry out and support these policies.
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and the URI Research Foundation together have a clear vision: to be a community in which a diverse mix of talented people come together to make a lasting difference. Our success comes only through the dedication of our employees and thoughtful, creative collaboration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.