Job Posted: 11/19/2020
Polaris MEP, a division of URI Ventures and an affiliate of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network, guides Rhode Island manufacturers to sustainable growth, innovative technology strategies and cost-efficient operations.
We are seeking a Project Manager with manufacturing experience and a proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development.
Project Managers are core to the success of Polaris MEP programs and to the manufacturing community in Rhode Island. This position is responsible for identification, delivery and update of support and growth programs to these companies.
The candidate must possess sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution. The ideal candidate works effectively in a team-dependent environment but is self-reliant, results oriented, energetic, flexible, and proactive.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in sales calls, perform client assessments, develop proposals and write service agreements as part of client engagement process.
- Provide training in classroom and hands-on settings to client company ownership and staff.
- Interact with client corporate personnel to periodically engage them in strategic planning, continuous improvement projects and update them on engagement progress.
- Prospect, qualify, close and/or develop and manage clients in order to generate revenues pursuant to the Center’s earnings goals.
- Identify, recommend and manage third party consultants to provide services needed which aren’t directly provided by Polaris MEP.
- Complete project impact statements, case studies, and customer follow-up as necessary.
- Manage and lead client engagements from beginning to end.
- Follow up with clients and measure results and satisfaction of services delivered.
- Participate in the development of new training curriculum and service delivery options.
- Other duties as assigned to support the operation and success of Polaris MEP.
- Minimum 6 years manufacturing expertise and thorough understanding of manufacturing.
- Four-year college degree in engineering or business, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations management with an understanding of the financial and operating issues of small businesses and manufacturers. Actual business, manufacturing, engineering, or operations management experience required.
- Knowledge of Lean Enterprise concepts is essential.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality systems and best practices are important.
- Proven ability to build trust and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of basic enterprise support functions including supply chain management, distribution, sales and marketing, employment law, safety, regulatory requirements, and quality.
- Ability to lead client teams to develop and implement improvement plans.
- Ability to develop and deliver training in a classroom setting.
- Project management skills including coordination, team development, scheduling, budgeting, and tracking results. Ability to be proactive in anticipating problems, solving problems, and developing contingencies.
- Understanding of business analysis financial tools, and the ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Previous consulting experience strongly preferred.
Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and URI Ventures (formerly URI Research Foundation) are committed to creating a diverse environment built on respect for all. We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to the fulfillment of this principle by employing individuals based upon job-related criteria including education, experience and skills.
Each employee is expected to support and carry out this policy fully in all their relations with present and prospective employees and in any dealings they may have with others as a representative of Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge or URI Ventures. In fulfilling our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse environment, URI Ventures and its business units will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and the URI Research Foundation together have a clear vision: to be a community in which a diverse mix of talented people come together to make a lasting difference. Our success comes only through the dedication of our employees and thoughtful, creative collaboration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.