Polaris MEP is Rhode Island’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership center, a non-profit consultancy whose mission is to help RI manufacturers stay competitive and grow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to support our communications efforts with and on behalf of the state’s manufacturing sector. Your contributions will help us expand our reach and generate more positive impacts.
The internship will provide broad marketing experience, expose you to various strategic marketing tactics and help you polish your skills in a “real-world” setting. Up to 20 hours a week, paid hourly.
Key Responsibilities Vary Month-to-Month, and May Include:
- Collecting business intelligence, performing market research
- Updating the company customer relationship management systems (specifically, Salesforce)
- Preparing or polishing promotional presentations
- Logistics, promotional support of informational events
- Creating and deploying targeted email marketing
- Search Engine Optimization of the PolarisMEP.org website
- Social media marketing
- Posting to YouTube
- Creating content for email messaging, blog
- Generating reports on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Solid understanding of different marketing channels, techniques
- Ability to take direction, absorb information and work independently
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Familiarity with marketing software / platforms (such as Google Analytics, WordPress, Pardot, Hootsuite)
- Passion for learning and tackling new challenges
You must currently be enrolled in a related BS or Masters program. We offer a flexible work schedule to complement your marketing studies.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is remote for the 2020/2021 school year. Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and URI Ventures (formerly URI Research Foundation) are committed to creating a diverse environment built on respect for all. We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to the fulfillment of this principle by employing individuals based upon job-related criteria including education, experience and skills.
Each employee is expected to support and carry out this policy fully in all their relations with present and prospective employees and in any dealings they may have with others as a representative of Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge or URI Ventures. In fulfilling our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse environment, URI Ventures and its business units will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and the URI Research Foundation together have a clear vision: to be a community in which a diverse mix of talented people come together to make a lasting difference. Our success comes only through the dedication of our employees and thoughtful, creative collaboration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.