Job Posted: 5/4/2021
Polaris MEP, a division of URI Ventures and an affiliate of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network, functions as the Manufacturing Sector Workforce Intermediary with the State of Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training. In this capacity we respond to the sector needs for current and future workforce, by facilitating the creation of new hire and incumbent worker training to best support the Manufacturing Sector in Rhode Island. We believe that jobs in the sector should product a livable wage, and offer room for professional growth.
We are seeking a Workforce Coordinator to help create workforce programs update systems to match potential candidates to high demand vacancies, and manage the day-to-day operations of existing programs. (Examples of the Polaris MEP workforce programs include the Fast Track to Advanced Manufacturing, The Phoenix Lean program, and Machine and Marine – COVID response re-training.)
In this hands-on role, you will work primarily with the Workforce Manager along with a small team of professionals, and independently.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully managing programs with multiple stakeholders and juggling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must be enthusiastic, highly organized, independently motivated, possess sound judgment, and have creative problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate works effectively in a team-dependent environment but is self-reliant, results oriented, energetic, flexible, and proactive.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with staff and stakeholders in manufacturing, community-based organizations and government to create a robust pipeline of skilled employees.
- Establish work plans and execute action plans to ensure achievement of program goals for 5-10 workforce programs.
- Promote diversity and inclusion within client companies.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Labor & Training grant protocols.
- Generate expense reports for partner programs.
- Update Salesforce databases to facilitate the connection of vacancies with skilled talent.
- Create grant reports, project impact statements, and case studies.
- Follow up with clients to measure results and satisfaction of services delivered.
- Participate in the development of new processes, programs, and services.
- Other duties as assigned to support the operation and success of Polaris MEP.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft productivity tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A college degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of three years of program coordination experience or relevant demonstrated skill sets, preferably with experience in economic development, community development, technology, advanced manufacturing, equity or academia
- Demonstrated interest in workforce, innovation, manufacturing, or technology
- Coordination, team development, scheduling, managing to a budget, and tracking results
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Spanish language ability a plus
Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer. Due to COVID-19 health and safety restrictions, this position is currently remote with some on-site visits/tours as deemed appropriate.
Compensation for this position includes competitive pay based on qualifications and experience, and a top-rated benefits package with health, dental, retirement and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and URI Ventures (formerly URI Research Foundation) are committed to creating a diverse environment built on respect for all. We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to the fulfillment of this principle by employing individuals based upon job-related criteria including education, experience and skills.
Each employee is expected to support and carry out this policy fully in all their relations with present and prospective employees and in any dealings they may have with others as a representative of Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge or URI Ventures. In fulfilling our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse environment, URI Ventures and its business units will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Polaris MEP, 401 Tech Bridge and the URI Research Foundation together have a clear vision: to be a community in which a diverse mix of talented people come together to make a lasting difference. Our success comes only through the dedication of our employees and thoughtful, creative collaboration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.