2020 IMPACT Report – Moving Rhode Island Manufacturing Forward
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Stats, Stories & Successes From an Extraordinary Year
A trusted non-proﬁt, Polaris MEP is uniquely positioned to support the growth of the state’s manufacturing sector:
- We are the local afﬁliate of the national Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) network.
- We are a unit of the URI Research Foundation.
- Team members bring decades of experience to each challenge.
We leverage state funding to pull federal dollars down and provide resources to Rhode Island manufacturing companies — 1,400+ employers in a sector which accounts for 10% of the state’s private sector workforce.
Capturing the IMPACT of State- and Federally-Funded Manufacturing Support
While the past year presented challenges and tragedies, FY 2020 still saw some positive outcomes.
This annual report shows that Polaris MEP’s IMPACT included $89 million in increased or retained sales and 790 jobs added or retained by small and medium-sized manufacturers.
Download a PDF of the report for more outcomes plus stats/facts about Rhode Island manufacturing, and watch our IMPACT video to learn more.
Beyond the Numbers
The impact of Rhode Island manufacturing companies on the state goes far beyond totals of sales or savings. In 2020, the critical value of this sector was apparent in new ways.
- Store shelves continued to be stocked,
- Paychecks continued to be received, and
- Life-saving PPE, cleaning supplies and medical equipment were produced here in the Ocean State.
This was only possible through the perseverance of manufacturers, the support of RI legislators, and unprecedented collaboration across sectors.
The video and report are a brief overview of what we achieved together in 2020. We’ll share more stories on our blog, so please subscribe today!
Questions? Comments? Desire to collaborate to strengthen Rhode Island manufacturing? Call Center Director Kathie Mahoney at 401-270-8896.
2020 Video IMPACT Report
Hear about the outcomes created with & for RI manufacturers in 2020 – and a bit of outlook for 2021. Featuring Rhode Island manufacturing leaders including
- Michael Black, former President, National Marker Company
- Peter Kaczmarek, President, Mearthane Products Company
- Minnie Luong, CHI-E-O, Chi Kitchen Foods
- Kathie Mahoney, Center Director, Polaris MEP
Click on the image to download a PDF of this year’s Rhode Island Manufacturing IMPACT report.