Rhode Island manufacturers should BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) to this hands-on workshop designed to jump start your cyber security efforts. Co-hosted by RI MADE and APEX Accelerator, this workshop features training from the experts at MxD, the nation’s cybersecurity manufacturing institute.
Because seating is limited, we’re allowing a maximum of 2 persons per company.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Cybersecurity risks continue to grow as the manufacturing sector advances into the digital age and small and mid-sized manufacturers (SMMs) are particularly at risk. Battling an overload of information about cybersecurity threats and requirements, U.S. manufacturers seek a unified approach to securing the manufacturing sector.
The Cybersecurity Roadshow dives into deployable tactics that SMMs can use to reduce cyber risk in their organization.
Attendees will be guided through the NIST 800-171 cybersecurity standards/framework currently in place and in demand by buyers and partners in the defense supply chain. Speakers will address the unique challenges that the manufacturing sector faces when adhering to these standards.
Attendees also will hear about two local resources for supporting and subsidizing cybersecurity investments – RI MADE and APEX Accelerator (formerly PTAC).
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Discuss the unique challenges that manufacturing supply chains face when working towards security AND compliance
- Hear about the link between cybersecurity compliance and sales/growth
- Learn about various manufacturers of all sizes who have fallen victim to cyber-attacks and how that impacted their bottom line
- Receive training in conducting a NIST 800-171 self-assessment, the first step in creating a plan of action
- Walk away with a resource kit that includes tools such as MxD’s Cybersecurity for Manufacturing Hiring Guide, road mapping exercises, a cyber terminology cheat sheet specific to manufacturing, RI MADE program application resources and APEX Accelerator details
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Owners, Founders and/or C-Suite Leaders wanting to grow defense-related manufacturing business
- Decisionmakers and strategy drivers at RI manufacturing companies in the defense supply chain
- IT, cybersecurity leads for RI manfuacturers
FEATURING: Experts from MxD, the digital manufacturing and cybersecurity institute
SPONSOR: RI MADE, thanks to a grant from the Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation
CO-HOST: APEX Accelerator Rhode Island
WITH SUPPORT FROM: Rhode Island College and the new Institute for Cybersecurity and Emerging Technologies
Polaris MEP is committed to offering the best business improvement programs to Rhode Island Manufacturers.
In order to achieve that goal and to justify continued U.S. Department of Commerce funding for these services, participants are asked to provide impact data and assessment. You’ll be asked for feedback through a short online survey within 1-3 days of this program and possibly again through an impartial third-party survey firm, 6-12 months after the course ends.
Rhode Island Manufacturers ONLY.
"*" indicates required fields