This introductory workshop is part of the NERDIC Industry 4.0 Readiness Ecosystem program for small manufacturing enterprises in the defense supply chain.
Generative design mimics nature’s evolutionary approach to design. Parameters such as materials, manufacturing methods, strength and thermal requirements are defined, and the AI driven generative design process fully optimizes the design to best fulfill functional requirements.
Workshop participants will be invited to apply to participate in a pilot demonstration project utilizing this technology.
You must employed at a manufacturing company to attend. This session will be recorded and made available on-demand.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Rhode Island manufacturing Executive Management
- General Managers, Manufacturing Operations, Production Managers, Manufacturing Engineers
By the conclusion of the presentation, attendees will:
• Learn the basics of generative design workflow
• Learn what parameters can be optimized
• Understand how generative design can best leverage additive manufacturing
- Nasir Mannan, M. Eng., Principal Engineer, Advanced Design, Automation & Metrology Lab, CCAT
- Kristi Oki, Mechanical Engineer, Advanced Design, Automation & Metrology Lab, CCAT
- Jeff Crandall, Additive Technologies Manager, CCAT
- Michael Bogomolny, Ph.D., Co-Founder & CTO, ParaMatters Inc.
A Technology Demonstration follows this workshop and is scheduled for Tuesday, August 10, 2021 @ 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST (1.5 hours).
NERDIC INDUSTRY 4.0 READINESS WORKSHOPS
The New England Regional Defense Industry Collaboration (NERDIC) will deliver a series of Industry 4.0 Readiness workshops and demonstrations to showcase how emerging technologies can be used to help optimize manufacturing processes in the New England defense manufacturing supply chain.
Each session explores a different technology, including generative design, additive manufacturing, and augmented reality. The overall aim is to help increase capability and competitiveness for the region’s defense manufacturers. For more information, please visit ccat.us/NERDIC.
This event page was prepared under contract with the State of Vermont, as fiscal agent for the New England Regional Defense Industry Collaboration, with financial support from the Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation, U.S. Department of Defense. The content reflects the views of the New England Regional Defense Collaboration and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation, the U.S. Department of Defense, or the participating states.