AS OF 5/10/21, NOW OPEN TO ANY RHODE ISLAND MANUFACTURING BUSINESS.
The Phoenix Partnership and Polaris MEP are providing a grant-funded Lean Manufacturing Training course.
Funding from Real Jobs Rhode Island makes this online training free for up to 2 attendees from any one RI manufacturing company provided students complete the Real Jobs RI form prior to the course. See requirements below.
Why Invest In Lean Manufacturing Training?
In order for both the manufacturer and employees to benefit from the adoption of Lean in their organization, it is imperative that everyone speak the same language. This interactive virtual training introduces Lean principles and tools in a fun, interactive way.
By digging into 21st Century Lean Methodologies, you will be better equipped to support employee development and the company growth in a competitive manufacturing environment.
Investments in Lean Manufacturing yield a great ROI. For example, with a $5,000 investment in Lean training and implementation, Chi Kitchen enjoyed:
- $50,000 in direct cost savings
- $100,000 in new sales and $50,000 in retained sales
- Hiring additional staff to fulfill new business
This success was only possible because every level at Chi Kitchen shared an understanding of Lean.
Who Should Attend:
Executives, Supervisors/Leads, and Managers at Rhode Island manufacturing facilities who have an interest in bolstering or introducing Lean practices within their own companies.
Limit 2 attendees per company.
- Session 1 runs from 8am-12pm on May 12, 2021; Session 2 runs from 8am-12pm on May 13, 2021.
- Log-in information for this online course will be provided by email, following registration.
- This program is funded through Real Jobs RI and will require participant enrollment within their secure online portal. Instructions will be provided separately by email, following registration. All participants must complete the Real Jobs RI form prior to the start of the workshop, even if you have already completed the form for another Polaris MEP program.
- We understand that things come up! However because the program has limited seats, we require cancellations in writing by May 10, 2021. Late cancellations will be charged a $25 fee.
In order to ensure Polaris MEP is offering the best business improvement programs to Rhode Island Manufacturers and justify continued U.S. Department of Commerce funding for these services, participants may be asked to provide impact data and assessment, through an impartial third-party survey firm, 6-12 months after a Polaris MEP hosted public workshop.