Manufacturers in Rhode Island within the Defense Supply Chain (or those considering Defense contracts) can discover new resources for their business during the kick-off of the RI MADE program.
Polaris MEP is looking forward to welcoming supporters from across Rhode Island for the kick-off of RI MADE! This new Defense Supply Chain program will benefit all aspects of our state’s manufacturing ecosystem.
RI MADE (Rhode Island Manufacturing to Accelerate the Defense Ecosystem) is a program in which manufacturers within the Defense Supply Chain (or those considering Defense contracts) are eligible to apply for technical and/or capital assistance and support of up to $50,000. It is funded by a grant from the OLDCC.
The goal is to strengthen Ocean State manufacturers by providing support in three major areas:
- Automation Readiness/Robotics
- Risk Mitigation
Our event host, Nautilus Defense, builds state-of-the-art textile-integrated systems for monitoring high-value assets and their environments. Nautilus Defense participated in the pilot phase of RI MADE and will share thoughts on that experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Current defense contractors
- Future defense supplier
- Defense ecosystem partners
- 10:30 am — Check in
- 11:00am – 11:40am — Welcome & Program
- Overview of the RI MADE program and how it can benefit smaller manufacturers
- Insights & results from the Pilot Phase
- Preview of the upcoming Fall Phase
- 11:40am – 12:00pm — Networking
- 12:00pm – 12:30 pm — Optional Workshop! Walk through the RI MADE application process & have your questions answered