GUIDELINES AND RESOURCES FOR MASK MAKERS / MANUFACTURERS
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Draft AATCC Guidance for Rhode Island Manufacturers of Non-Medical Masks
Polaris MEP is one of a national network of Manufacturing Extension Partnership centers across the United States and Puerto Rico. Our sister center in California — the California Manufacturing Technology Consulting (CMTC) — shared with us a draft of guidance for makers and manufacturers of non-medical masks.
This document contains voluntary guidance and practical considerations for:
- Regulatory Considerations
- Fit and Sizing Considerations
- Material and Construction Considerations
- Particle Filtration Considerations
- Breathing Resistance Considerations
- Laundering and Service Life Considerations
- Tie and Ear Loop Considerations
- Product Labeling and Marking Considerations
CLICK HERE to download the draft AATCC guidance.
The guidance was developed by a group of industry stakeholders for the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC).
Polaris MEP is sharing the guidance with Rhode Island’s manufacturing community as it can help both those making masks AND those companies who are evaluating masks for purchase.
GROWTH SERVICES FOR RHODE ISLAND MASK MANUFACTURERS
Need help scaling as you pivot to or ramp up production of masks?
Looking to build or improve your supply chain, reducing costs and turnaround times?
Fill out the form at right to be connected with Polaris MEP. Our Project Managers have experience and a strong local/regional network. We offer facility layout services, consulting and more to support your growth.
Or, call us at 401-270-8896. We can schedule a no-cost assessment visit to determine your needs and goals.
- Blog Post: National PPE Programs and Opportunities for Rhode Island Manufacturers
- Webinar Recording: Face Covering Tips, Resources for Manufacturers
- Manufacturers’ Playbook: RI guidance on screening, cleaning, masks, social distancing, and more.