PREPARE NEW, INCUMBENT MANUFACTURING WORKERS FOR GROWTH & ADVANCEMENT
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Become More Competitive with Fully-Funded Real Jobs RI Employee Training
The Phoenix Partnership at Polaris MEP is an employer-driven training program in Lean Manufacturing and critical skills necessary for manufacturing employees.
The Phoenix Partnership provides three tiers of manufacturing training designed to help prepare newly hired and incumbent manufacturing workers to meet the demands of their workplace and to advance within their companies.
Rhode Island manufacturers benefit from decreased turnover and increased productivity. Participants do not need to be RI residents but must be employed in RI.
LEVEL 100 classes begin October 12; LEVEL 200 begin October 14 – see below for registration links!
- Receive college credits for completed courses at New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) and OSHA 10 Certification.
- Enjoy peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
- You must attend at least 80% of classes to receive credits. (Make-up opportunities may be possible.) You can be reimbursed for childcare costs and mileage to classes.
- Courses are provided at no cost to you.
- You commit to: making employees available to attend all courses, allowing for reasonable on-the-job support, training and evaluation; and completing evaluations for participating students, providing necessary metrics.
Level 100 Manufacturing Essentials Series
Comprised of 4-5.5 hour classes held once per week for 9 weeks. The series features both classroom and practical application with classes held at either the Warwick or East Greenwich campus of NEIT.
- Introduction to Lean
- Safety Practices and Procedures
- Quality, Reducing Errors/ Defects
- Standard Operating Procedures and Productivity
- Graduation (presentation to employers)
NEXT SESSION begins October 12, 2021.
Level 200 Manufacturing Developmental Series
Comprised of 4-5 hour classes held once per week for 6 weeks (+1 additional week if necessary). The series features both classroom and practical application with classes held at either the Warwick or East Greenwich campus of NEIT.
- Framework for Manufacturing I
- Framework for Manufacturing II
- Problem Solving Tools and Methodologies
- Intro to Process Improvement Methods I
- Intro to Process Improvement Methods II
- People Management/ Teamwork
- Presentations/ Communication
NEXT SESSION begins October 14, 2021.
About the Phoenix Partnership
Phoenix Partnership is a conduit between educational needs and corporate needs to promote manufacturing industry success. Our mission is to prove that Rhode Island is a great place to manufacture.
The MCE supports those seeking employment, new hires and incumbent workers. We also act as a resource for RI and out-of-state manufacturers and organizations.
Current Employer and Training Partners:
- Polaris MEP
- H.Brickle & Son, Inc.
- Aspen Aerogel
- Guill Tool
- Boukaert Industrial Textiles
- VIBCO Vibrators
- ETCO, Inc.
- Teknicote, Inc.
- Town Dock
- Edesia Nutrition