Polaris MEP Advisory Board
In its role as the Statewide Rhode Island Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center, Polaris MEP seeks forward-thinking industry leaders who can bring a diversity of experience, expertise and perspectives to its Advisory Board.
RI manufacturers are increasingly adopting automation, industry 4.0 technologies, diversity initiatives and other “next generation” initiatives. The Polaris MEP team is growing to help them meet challenges and seize opportunities.
The Center is an integral part of the state’s manufacturing community. The team serves small to medium sized manufacturers (SMMs) by
- providing competitive business improvement services / training,
- forging strategic partnerships,
- serving as the RI Department of Labor & Training manufacturing sector intermediary, and
- leveraging state and federal funding for innovative initiatives that drive sector growth.
Board Responsibilities and Contributions:
Click here for a flyer detailing Advisory Board responsibilities and expected contributions, which include but are not limited to:
- Participating in regular and special meetings
- Promoting the mission of Polaris MEP
- Providing subject matter expertise
- Serving as an ambassador for the organization and the manufacturing community
- Leader / Decision Maker at a Rhode Island manufacturing company or Leader / Influencer within Rhode Island’s manufacturing ecosystem
- Passion for boosting the manufacturing sector as a crucial part of a healthy, strong RI economy
Polaris MEP follows safe COVID practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to join the Advisory Board, please use the form on this page.
Polaris MEP, a department of URI Research Foundation, recognizes that the field of manufacturing needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The URI Research Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations.
As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in manufacturing who will support the mission of both URI and the URI Research Foundation to expose manufacturing to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity and will enhance a sense of belonging and success.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Every employee is expected to carry out and support these policies.