Virtual Venture Café is partnering with 401 Tech Bridge, NUWC Division Newport, and Northeast Tech Bridge for “Defense Innovation and Tech Transfer” a deep dive conversation on the defense industry and its partners in Rhode Island.
The program runs from 3:00-6:00pm on Thursday, June 11, and includes networking, panel discussions, flash talks, and more.
Two Polaris MEP “family” members will be featured on June 11th – Christian Cowan at 3:30pm and Mary Johnson at 5:00pm.
Click on the following link to register and learn more: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-venture-cafe-defense-innovation-tech-transfer-tickets-106953831790
3:30 PM | Rhode Island Ecosystem for Defense Technology & Tech Transfer
The Defense industry is a rapidly growing sector key to Rhode Island’s economy. As the kickoff to Defense Technology & Tech Transfer night, Tuni Schartner, Executive Director of District Hall/Venture Café Providence, will moderate an in depth discussion of the strengths and opportunities in Rhode’s Island’s defense ecosystem.
- Christian Cowan of Polaris MEP/401 Tech Bridge
- Steve Bordonaro, of Naval X North East Tech Bridge/NUWC Division Newport
- Whitney Tallarico of NavalX
- Christine Smith of RI Commerce
5:00 PM | Defense Industry Small Business Flash Talks
Small businesses and startups with military contracts will share their stories of innovation and commercialization with Mary Johnson, Manager of 401 Tech Bridge.
Featured companies include:
- Jim Owens, Principal, of Nautilus Defense
- Clare King, President, of Propel LLC
- Ed Bard, President, of Response Technologies
- Chase Hogoboom, President, of Goetz Composites