STUDENTS AND FACULTY OPPORTUNITIES
Training for the Next Generation of Manufacturing Innovators
College students and faculty are a key part of the RI MADE initiative!
The program is not only making investments in manufacturing facilities or technology, it’s investing in the future workforce that will keep these companies innovating and growing.
Hundreds of students will receive education, training and on-the-job consulting experience over the course of the program.
- Students are paid to work as part of teams of consultants.
- Representatives from nationally-respected ARM (Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing) and MxD (Manufacturing x Digital) travel each term to Rhode Island to train students to conduct the Phase One cybersecurity and automation assessments.
- Expert manufacturing advisors from Polaris MEP train students on risk mitigation assessments.
- Assignments are timed not to interfere with breaks, exam periods or the end of the semester.
- Students receive coaching in preparing and presenting reports, and gain awareness of manufacturing careers.
- Students get exposure to Rhode Island manufacturing businesses and employers, through site tours and report-outs.
This opportunity is open to students at any Rhode Island college or university.
Polaris MEP maintains a rolling interest list of students and faculty members who participate in RI MADE, receiving training and conducting assessments.
Once you share your email address …
- The RI MADE program manager will schedule a 15-minute Zoom call with you.
- You’ll get an overview of the program, expected level of engagement, payment, special conditions, and a chance to ask questions.
- We’ll learn about your experience and how it relates to the program.
- If it’s a match, you’ll be slotted into a future RI MADE cohort.