Supplier Scouting Matching Services
(Re)Build supply chains or find new customers
Polaris MEP helps Rhode Island’s manufacturing businesses become stronger and more resilient by helping them transform their supply chains.
Whether you need to locate a hard-to-source material or are looking for growth, our local, regional and national connections can help.
Link with a NEW Supply Chain
Is your company the right fit for one of the most recent “Supplier Scouting” opportunities posted through the MEP National Network?
Build Back Better
Access the MEP National “Supplier Scouting” platform to
- Find more resilient, reliable partners
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Identify suppliers for new products or specs
401 Tech Bridge, which like Polaris MEP is a business unit of the URI Research Foundation, is an interface between the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) and Rhode Island’s manufacturing innovators.
MEP National Network (MEPNN) Supplier Matching/Scouting?
The formal MEP “Supplier Scouting” program connects companies to domestic manufacturers to build their supply chain. It also connects Rhode Island manufacturers to other companies that need your parts and components.
Supply matchmaking promotes domestic manufacturing and reshoring. The MEP network has manufacturing experts deeply embedded in every state. Through Supplier Scouting, the network becomes a powerful and positive change agent on behalf of local companies.
US Manufacturers Seeking Domestic Suppliers
To be considered as a supplier for any of the opportunities below, click HERE to send an email to Supply Chain Manager Kayla Viveiros. Note the Opportunity Number in your message and you’ll receive a synopsis by email.
If the you believe the opportunity looks right for your company, we’ll submit you as a possible match to the MEPNN Supplier Scouting system.
Please note that final selections are up to the company which posted the RFP. (We can’t guarantee a match but as Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.)
September 23, 2023
|Opportunity 2023-115: Vehicle Body Shell Structure. Aluminum carbody shell structure, including Frame-end, Floor, Roof and Side (for Rail Rolling Stock). Closes September 29, 2023.|
|Opportunity 2023-116: Brake control unit (BCU) including train control devices, disc brake equipment, tread brake equipment, brake valves, parking brake units and brake mechanics. Closes September 29, 2023.|
|Opportunity 2023-117: Vehicle Paintwork- Painting of the aluminum car body shell to the high quality standard for high speed trainsets. Closes September 29, 2023.|
|Opportunity 2023-118: Aluminum Carshell for High Speed Rail Closes September 29, 2023.|
|Opportunity 2023-125: Submersible pumps -The waiver is requesting procurement of non-domestic pumps (for water) with steel components for four main, submersible pumps (3,000 gallons per minute (gpm)) each and two low flow submersible pumps (921 gpm each). Closes September 29, 2023.|
Opportunity 2023-132: Small diameter stainless steel tubing and fittings Closes September 29, 2023.
For more information on any of the supplier scouting opportunities listed here, contact [email protected].
Supplier Matching and Sourcing
Helping RI Manufacturers with Hard-To-Source Supply Chain Needs
Click on an arrow to find the answers to common questions about NIST MEP Supplier Scouting.
HOW Does This Service Produce Results?
- Start with a short questionnaire that captures basic information about your hard-to-source need.
- The request is sent to MEP centers in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico.
- Receive a formal report with information on prospective suppliers who meet your specs.
Polaris MEP’s team is skilled at assessing supplier certifications and aligning capabilities with manufacturer needs. The prospective suppliers will have been vetted to ensure they meet your requirements and have the capacity to provide the material.
WHEN Should I Use This Service?
DO use Supplier Scouting if:
- You want help finding backup and secondary suppliers as part of a disaster recovery or risk mitigation plan
- You have a hard-to-source material
- You want to reduce cost or find more reliable partners
- You want to find potential new customers, including US government procurement buyers driven through Buy American initiatives
DON’T use Supplier Scouting when:
- You need your stock in less than 30 days. The process is a thoughtful matchmaking service that typically takes between 30 and 45 days.
- You’re looking for commercial/off-the-shelf goods.
WHAT Else Can Help Me Strengthen My Supply Chain?
Polaris MEP offers a free Supply Chain Assessment for Rhode Island manufacturers. The resulting “Supply Chain Health Report” will identify gaps and offer recommendations related to a variety of critical areas, including:
- Supplier management
- Risk management
- Forecasting & Inventory Management
- Regulatory Compliance & Sustainability
- Foreign Sourcing
Where Do I Get Started?
“How To” guide for Supplier Scouting requests
- Download the “how to” guide to Supplier Scouting requests.
- Download a blank, editable Supplier Scouting PDF.
- Follow directions to fill out as much information as you can.
- Return the form to Polaris MEP.
Questions? Email Supply Chain Solutions Program Manager, Kayla Viveiros, at [email protected].