Exciting Opportunity from our friends at SENEDIA:
SENEDIA is continuing to offer an exciting opportunity for Rhode Island college and university students and companies alike: an IT /Cybersecurity Internship Program to provide experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students studying information technology or cybersecurity.
SENEDIA has 16 intern slots available for the 2016/2017 Fall and Spring semesters, and both intern candidates and companies will be selected on a first-come first-served basis.
SENEDIA recruits and screens candidates from all Rhode Island schools with information technology and cybersecurity programs, and qualified interns will be available to SENEDIA RI member companies, State agencies, and other RI businesses with information technology and cybersecurity needs. Rhode Island-based students of employees at SENEDIA member companies are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Companies provide in-kind support to mentor and train the intern, along with a $200 contribution to SENEDIA to help offset the intern’s stipend. SENEDIA, through a Real Jobs RI grant, will provide a stipend of $1500 to the intern.
Interns will also be eligible to attend a 5-day certification preparation training course. This course is free to the intern and includes 5 days of hands-on instruction, study materials, as well as an exam voucher. Advanced certifications are now required for many cybersecurity positions in federal and state government as well as many industries such as defense, finance and health care.
- Hosting an intern is a great way to find your future employees. It’s a trial period that could lead to filling open or new positions.
- Interns can assist you and your staff with projects and tasks that you need help to complete.
- There is a minimal financial investment on the part of your company.
Intern Requirements & Eligibility:
- US citizen to work in a defense contracting company
- Minimum of 8 hours per week for 10 weeks
- 2nd year Community College of Rhode Island student or 3rd, 4th year and graduate school Rhode Island university & college students
Remember this a first-come, first-served opportunity. If you are interested in an Information Technology/Cybersecurity Internship, or would like to host an intern, please contact Linda Larsen, SENEDIA Educational Outreach Director at email@example.com or (401)418-0600.
This effort is being supported by the Real Jobs RI grant initiative.