“I have basically been told what an employer wants to enforce, company guidelines and all safety protocols are at the employer’s discretion for the manufacturing sector.”
7 Things to Know About Vaccinations and Manufacturing Businesses
- According to recent guidance issued by the EEOC, it is permissible for employers to ask employees about their vaccination status — A simple “yes” or “no” question would not be a violation of HIPAA laws.
- Both the EEOC and the Rhode Island Department of Health (DOH) say you can require proof of vaccination by asking employees to present a copy of their vaccination card. To avoid potential legal issues, you should inform employees that they do not have to provide any additional medical or family history information.
- Enforcement is being directed to the employer’s discretion.
- Vaccinated people can enter with mask or no mask; it’s the company’s decision.
- You may ask to see a vaccination card; per the DOH, this is up to each company.
- The conditions under which non-vaccinated visitors are admitted is again at employer’s discretion.