- June 13, 2019
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join Polaris MEP and the Domestic Violence Resource Center of South County (DVRC) for a critically important and informative lunch & learn for manufacturers to raise awareness of the impact that domestic violence is having on your business and, much more importantly, your employees.
Some facts you should know:
- Being a victim of violence can affect employees in overt and subtle ways. Workers may experience violence on the job, including stalking, threatening calls or physical assaults.
- Homicide is the second leading cause of injury death for women at work, according the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and intimate partners commit a significant percentage of those murders.
- In addition to creating serious safety issues in the workplace, the CDC estimates that domestic violence costs the U.S. at least $8 billion a year in lost productivity and healthcare costs.
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Is it different from Sexual Assault? How?
- Why is it important to discuss DV in the workplace?
Who should attend:
- Executive level, Human Resource Staff, those tasked with employee health and safety, other interested personel.
Attn: If you are unable to attend this event but would still like to speak confidentially with someone about this or a related topic, please call:
401.782.3990 (helpline) / 1.800.494.8100 (24/7 hotline) / You may also visit https://www.dvrcsc.org/ for more information.
95 Cripe St, North Kingstown, Rhode Island, 02852, United States