Polaris MEP Project Manager Ted Kennedy’s advice on inventory control is helping manufacturers beyond Rhode Island, thanks to a by-lined article in IndustryWeek.
On July 5th, IndustryWeek, the leading trade magazine for the sector, published Kennedy’s thoughts on how a “plan for every part will help attain both low inventory dollars and high customer on-time delivery.”
Kennedy’s recommendations included several steps.
- Gather Data on Every Part You Purchase
- Classify Your Inventory By the ABC System
- Develop an Approach for Creating Buffer Stock for Inventory
- Establish Minimum Inventory Quantities for Each Part
- Track the Quality of the Parts and Supplier Reliability
- Connect With Your Local MEP Center For Help Controlling Inventory Levels
Read the IndustryWeek article for actionable advice about inventory control.
Learn more how Lean Manufacturing tools can help you reduce waste and gain more control over your supply chain in a time of historic disruption.
Get on a “first alert” list for our next Inventory Management 101 training session! Email [email protected].