SUPPLIER SCOUTING HELPS RI MANUFACTURERS WITH HARD-TO-SOURCE SUPPLY CHAIN NEEDS
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Rebuild Supply Chains or Find New Customers with Supply Matchmaking Services
Polaris MEP helps Rhode Island’s manufacturing businesses become stronger and more resilient by helping them rebuild or re-invent supply chains. One program we leverage is the Manufacturing Extension Partnership National Network “Supplier Scouting” service.
WHAT IS SUPPLIER SCOUTING?
The formal program connects companies to domestic manufacturers to build their supply chain. It also connects Rhode Island manufacturers to other companies that need your parts and components.
Supply matchmaking promotes domestic manufacturing and reshoring. The MEP network has manufacturing experts deeply embedded in every state. Through Supplier Scouting, the network becomes a powerful and positive change agent on behalf of local companies.
WHEN SHOULD RHODE ISLAND MANUFACTURERS USE SUPPLIER SCOUTING?
To build sales:
- To find potential new customers looking for US based manufacturers
- To find buyers for new products, for example if you pivoted in response to COVID-19
- To attract US government procurement buyers driven through Buy American initiatives
To Build Back Better:
- To help find backup and secondary suppliers as part of a COVID or disaster recovery plan
HOW DOES THE NATIONAL PROGRAM WORK?
- Start with a short questionnaire that captures basic information about your hard-to-source need.
- The request is sent to MEP centers in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico.
- Receive a formal report with information on prospective suppliers who meet your specs.
Polaris MEP’s team is skilled at assessing supplier certifications and aligning capabilities with manufacturer needs. The prospective suppliers will have been vetted to ensure they meet your requirements and have the capacity to provide the material.
WHERE SHOULD YOU START?
Fill out the form at right to be connected with the Polaris MEP Project Manager who serves as the program point person for Rhode Island.
Or, call Chris Cinieri at 401-270-8896. We’ll work with you to assess your needs and goals, and begin putting Supplier Scouting to work for you.